Nasdaq 3-day record closes
The U.S. major stock indexes are closing mixed with the Dow leading. The S&P closed higher for the second consecutive day. The Nasdaq broke its three-day record closures with a modest loss.
- The S&P index rose 14.33 points or 0.34% at 4280.81
- NASDAQ index fell -9.32 points or -0.06% at 14360.39
- The Dow gained 238.67 points or 0.7% at 34435.49
- Russell 2000 index rose 0.84 points or 0.04% at 2334.46
During the week, all major indices close higher with the small Russell 2000 hat and the Dow 30 leading:
- S&P index rose 2.74%
- NASDAQ index rose 2.35%
- Dow industry average rose 3.44%
- Russell 2000 of small-cap shares grew 4.59%
In the European stock markets today, the main indices closed higher except for the French CAC, which fell -0.13%. The biggest gain or was the UK FTSE 100, which rose 0.37%:
Below are the 5-day point changes and the% changes of the major global indices.
Invest in yourself. See our forex education center.