Ross Ulbricht’s collection auction Genesis non-fungible token (NFT) ended and the auction winner was the “Free Ross DAO”, supported by the Pleasrdao project. NFT’s collection raised $ 1,446 ether or $ 6.27 million at the time of settlement.
Ross’s Free Decentralized Autonomous Organization Wins Ross Ulbricht’s NFT Auction, DAO Plans to Split NFT Collection
- Four days ago, Bitcoin.com News reported on the Ross Ulbricht Genesis NFT collection accumulating millions of dollars of ethereum (ETH) offers on the Superrare NFT marketplace.
- At the time, there were some very high bids from an individual named “@toxicbitcoinmaxi.” However, the report also clarified that the Pleasrdao project was also involved in the bidding war for the collection and formed a decentralized autonomous organization (DAO) called the “Free Ross DAO. ”
- The Free Ross DAO got 1,446 ETH or $ 6.27 million at the time of exchange. According to the DAO, NFT’s collection will be “split among the 500 Free Ross DAO contributors.”
- The NFT collection was an assortment of writings and ten works of art produced by Ross Ulbricht and it includes animation developed by NFT artist Levitate. Ulbricht also did the voiceover for the animated work. The NFT collection was taken care of by Entoptic and proceeds will be donated by the Art4giving fund, and efforts to free Ulbricht.
- “From the beginning with this NFT, I wanted to help kids travel to see their moms and dads in prison,” Ulbricht said. “But with such high bids, we can now have a real impact on many other important causes as well.”
- Information on the case of Ross Ulbricht can be found at freeross.org and Ulbricht’s request for leniency hosted at change.org is extremely close to reaching 500,000 signatures. The petition is 42,014 signatures away from reaching the half-million signature milestone.
What do you think of Ross Ulbricht’s NFT collection, which brings in more than $ 6 million in ethereum at the end of the auction? Let us know what you think about this topic in the comments section below.
Image Credits: Shutterstock, Pixabay, WikiCommunity, Ross Ulbricht NFT Collection,
Disclaimer: This article is for informational purposes only. It is not a direct offer or solicitation of an offer to buy or sell, or a recommendation or support of any products, services or companies. Bitcoin.com does not provide investment, tax, legal or accounting advice. Neither the company nor the author is liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use or reliance on any content, goods or services mentioned in this article.