Gala Games, a blockchain gaming platform, and crypto investment firm C2 Ventures have raised $ 100 million to invest in game-for-win games, metaverse environments, and other blockchain technology projects.
- Gala Games said the fund will invest in game developers and decentralized gaming projects.
- C2 Ventures is a crypto investment company founded by the former head of blockchain investments at Huobi Global, Ciara Suno.
- “Through our new fundraiser with C2 Ventures, we aim to support a new class of developers who can build truly fun games powered by blockchain technology,” James Olden, chief strategy officer at Gala Games, said in a statement.
- Gala Games said it has appointed Huobi Global as a partner in an advisory role when it comes to marketing and Network 3.0 growth projects. The crypto exchange will also work with teams on future token lists.
- Global gaming revenue is expected to reach $ 200 billion by 2024, according to e-sports analysis firm Newszoo, the companies said.
Read more: Crypto Exchange Huobi Global to Move Spot Trading Services to Gibraltar